5.11.2014

Mother's Day.

Dear Henry,

Today is Mother's Day! And you gave mama the best gift ever - you (for the first time in months) fell asleep on me in church, and we didn't have to leave any of our meetings due to your way-past-nap-time-unhappiness. It was a miracle to say the least. You also let mama take a TWO HOUR NAP. That's unheard of. Thanks to you and dad, I'm feeling refreshed and not exhausted as usual.

So, here's to Mother's Day. And by saying that, I mean here's to you. Thank you for making me a mama (I look at those first pictures of you and can't believe how tiny you were!), for loving me, for being ever forgiving when I don't jump out of bed bright eyed and bushy tailed when you wake up at 5:30 in the morning - happy as a clam. Thank you for bringing me more joy than I ever thought imaginable. My heart hurts with the love you fill it with.

Thank you, little man. Today is about you, because you are what made Mother's Day for me.

You and baby #2. Surprise! :)

XOXO

Mama

















No comments:

Post a Comment