5.18.2014

Pictures.

Dear Henry,

I tried desperately every day for a week to capture you in a picture - hilarious, silly, energetic, darling you. And I couldn't. I wanted everyone to see just how terrific you are, and it frustrated me that all I could get was a blur of your sweet face as you ran away because you thought I was chasing you. And I don't really like blurry pictures.

So, I gave up. And I decided to just enjoy you myself (sorry if that's selfish). But the truth is, there are so many moments with you that I don't want to miss. All of them, truly. And I've found that the more time I spend trying to capture them with a camera, the more I miss out on fully enjoying them.

I still take pictures, but they're not as frequent. And I'm sure some day I'm going to look back and wish I had taken more, but the truth is, I have the memories, and those are better enjoyed in the moment.

I get the feeling when this new babe comes around that I'll be taking a zillion pictures of the two of you together, because nothing is better than one baby but TWO! We're so looking forward to having the two of you in our home. Although I already get anxiety over this unborn babies eyes being gouged out and limbs dislocated by your "love" for him/her. We'll survive. :)

In other news, you love to be outside. Heaven forbid we say that word or "shoes" or "bye-bye" and not immediately cross the threshold. You poor babe, you sob when dad leaves for work and doesn't take you with him!

This week we had some firsts - your first big fall, which was off of the playground play thing. Thankfully it was only about 1.5 feet off the ground and you landed on the rubber bark. Bless the soul of whoever's idea that was. You were fine - scared - but fine. You also nose dived into the dirt the next day. And then we traumatized you with your first real hair cut. That was awful. And you wore an outfit that I bought you for next summer. You almost one year old, you're as big as a two year old!

On that note, one of the first things I said to your dad when we found out we were expecting again was "I've never been so grateful that Henry is so big - maybe people won't think we're so crazy if they think our kids are more than 17 months apart." :)

You are such a joy, Henry babe. Though your exhausted mama may not be as fun as she was a few months ago, there is nothing I love more than playing with you and watching you learn and grow and thrive. You are so full of light and goodness, and it fills our home with more happiness and peace than I ever thought imaginable. You've become a snuggler lately, and love to sit on our laps, be held, and rocked. It's glorious when 99% of the time you're go go go, we love when you slow down and just let us soak you in.

You turn one in just a couple of weeks! I can't believe it. Love you baby boy. To the moon and back.

I found this looking through old pictures of you. Gah! Milk drunk Henry. I die.

This is what most meal times end up looking like. 


This is what you thought about me taking pictures of you. 

And this.

And this. Nice.




That hair. If only it would stay brushed to the side!



You with a stick. Always. You are such a boy!







This is where we live! Those mountains. We love them!

This, because I think that you crawling up the stairs is the cutest (most nerve-wracking) thing ever.


XOXO

Mama

1 comment:

  1. What adorable pictures! I had to use the blur reduction setting on my camera to get some good ones of Levi, since he wouldn't stay still long enough for a picture. It looks like you got some good ones anyway!

    ReplyDelete