4.17.2014

New Things.

Dear Henry,

I've lost track of how many days old you are. Maybe we'll get back on track when it's your birthday.

We're behind in this blogging business. I'm not sure this mama will ever catch up. Truth is, I'd rather play with you! Then when you're sleeping, there's school and housework and a million other things tugging at my attention. However, I want to remember everything about you, so I will try to do better.

We've been in Idaho visiting for a week and a half now, and we've still got some time left for fun. I wanted to tell you about something funny that's been happening lately - mostly funny, a little frustrating.

You have opinions. Lots of them.

This morning, you did not want eggs for breakfast. And you love eggs! You saw your cousin Hailey with a strawberry, and you wanted strawberries. That's it. I would put some eggs in your mouth in between pieces of berry, and you'd spit them right out and whine. Oh that whine. Darling boy, that whine has got to go!

Other things. You like to move. All the time. No, mama, I don't want to sit on your lap in church, I want to sit on the floor. No, mama, I don't want to crawl outside, I want you to hold my hand and walk. No, mama, I don't want Cheerios, I want puffs. No, mama, no pants. No, mama, no carseat! No, mama, not my toy, the one that Caleb has!

Silly boy, you keep me on my toes. Our once happy to eat anything and do anything boy has now decided that he wants certain things. Thankfully, you're pretty nice about it. Usually.

You turned 10 months old last week, are around 31-32", and weigh around 27 pounds. You also say "dad", "ma ma", "ba" (ball), "di!" (drink), and babble all day. You take two naps, and sleep 11-12 hours at night. You love your Camelbak water bottle, and LOVE to drink water. You climb on everything, and stand by yourself. You'll be walking as soon as you get some more confidence in yourself - you're so steady on your feet! You hate to have your diaper changed. You have 7 teeth - four on the bottom and three on top (still waiting on your other front tooth to come in! You laugh all day long, and think any little kid is chasing you (so you crawl away laughing). You recently have taken a liking to biting anything you can get your mouth on, which hasn't been my favorite. You like to crawl with something in each hand and a toy in your mouth. You point at everything, and especially love lights and trees. You raise your arms high above your head when we cheer for you. You yell at animals because you love them, but it scares them away. Your hair is getting thick and getting so light! I think you'll be blonde by summer. You love to sit on mom's lap and you beg to be tickled and wrestled. You love balls anything with wheels. You are such a blessing! Your dad and I love you to the moon and back. We can't imagine life without you. What did we ever do before you came?? Thank you, baby, for being such a sweet little boy.

Love you to the moon and back..

XOXO

Mama

P.S. Pictures will come as soon as we're home!

No comments:

Post a Comment