My heart has hurt this week for you, as it's been a rough one with teething, and to top it all off an ear infection that has had you in the throes of fevers and misery. The second half of the week has been so hard.
Bless the men and women who spent years of their lives creating pain relievers and antibiotics. I am absolutely convinced that we would have not seen smiles, nor slept at all without them.
I cried with you as we sat pacing the floors of our little home at midnight - your eyes closed tight but your little voice crying out - in a cry I've never heard before - for hours. I thought my heart would break in two. Your dad gave you a blessing, and soon after you were asleep. I am so grateful for the priesthood, and it's power to bring peace.
Your ear has also made you a bit off balance, so we've had some bad falls the past few days. I'm pretty sure I've never felt like a worse mom as when I failed to catch you, and you landed flat on your face. Curse those ear infections! Just when we start trusting you to stand alone without our hands around you...
My heart has hurt this week for other babes, as I've observed and heard too many times a lack of love directed at them. Harsh scolding, name calling, watching as others yell... How I wish I could just scoop all of those babes up and tell them how incredibly special they are. You are so so special. How I wish I could shout to the world "be kind!". We need more kindness. I hope your dad and I can teach you to be kind, and to be forgiving, and to assume the best in people. We should always believe that everyone is trying their best.
I just watched this video - my heart hurt again, and helped me to remember that there is always someone that we can find to help, and to uplift. You and me, we're a good team. Let's find them together.
On a happier note, we were so lucky that BOTH set s of grandparents came to visit this week! Mama was in heaven. She's been missing the extended families lately. A lot. We love them so. Hopefully they will come visit us again soon, hint hint. The beginning of the week was really great - filled with sunshine and your first experience playing outside. What a blessing the sun is - it warmed mama inside and out. When did you grow up, and play outside? Keep growing babe, watching you discover life makes this mama's heart burst!
Here's to a happier week - I'm optimistic.
XO
Mama
| Look at that belly, babe! |
Can we all just pause a moment to appreciate Henry's forearms (see above).
| So sad to see them go. :) |
| Favorite place to be. |


No comments:
Post a Comment