What a day! And I mean that in the worst and best way possible. This morning was rough. For both of us.
Mama's cold took a turn for the worse overnight, and I could hardly get any sound out when I spoke this morning. I don't know if that was bothering you, or what, but there was no happy camper by the name of Henry to be found in these parts. We spent the majority of the morning crying (yes, we), rocking, and sleeping (just you). When you were awake, you were not happy, so you just went back to sleep over and over again. It was so sad, baby!
Thankfully in the afternoon you were almost back to your usual happy self. We enjoyed a lovely walk with two of our very best friends, and you munched on an apple for a minute or two. You love gumming away at a nice Pink Lady. Then you found some new toys: the camera bag and lens. Sorry baby! They won't be regulars for your drooly self.
Then Aunt J came to visit, and oh how we love her visits. They make mama so happy! Especially when she comes laden with fresh from Sprouts produce. Aunt J is the best. Oh, right before she came, we had a little photo shoot. Because you are just too darn cute:
| I'm dying - you are so darling. |
Mama finally got to eat lunch around 4, and then we headed outside for what our friend Amber has dubbed "the mom party". Basically, a "mom party" is when a bunch of moms and their babes congregate outside between the apartments for a spot of fresh air when the post-nap pre-dinner woes start up. At least I know that's what gets us outside! We love to see our friends - and you love to be outside. Today we sat on the steps, and you looked like such a big boy! If it weren't for the never ending drool pouring from your cute mouth, I'd forget altogether that you're just a babe!
For dinner, you had oatmeal and applesauce. I think those are your two faves. And you devoured them. If mama wasn't quick enough scooping another bite in, you'd start howling. Boy howdy, do you love to eat or what?!
After dinner was the bath, the book, and the bottle. Then a surprise trip to pick up Dad, bread, milk, and eggs from the Creamery. We were sure happy to see all of them. Mostly Dad.
Finally, bed. You were asleep in my arms as I carried you in, thanks to the good ol' hat.
Henry? Have I told you that I love you? Probably a million times today, but here's to a million and one.
I love you sweet boy.
XOXO
Mama

Just read through a bunch of these posts...they are precious. Henry will absolutely adore these words! You are a wonderful, wonderful mother. xo.
ReplyDelete