8.30.2013

79.

Dear Henry,

You are the cutest little man ever. You've been so happy today, and your smiles have been so big. Oh, its so good to see you smile so much!

Today has been a little better. I don't know if that's because mama decided to not worry about anything aside from making sure you're happy, or what, but you've been happier. Gassy beyond belief, but happier. We were up bright and early at 6 am today due to that gas, but it's okay. Once you got it all out, you were so happy to see mama. Your smile is cute, but I'd rather be seeing your sleeping self that early! You've also decided that you only want to go to sleep if mama is holding you - and I have to be standing, and usually in front of the TV, or walking outside (but it's a little hot during the day for that). Oh dear, this is not the best habit to be forming. Once you get mostly asleep, I can lay you in your swing (sometimes), and you'll go to sleep. You've still only been taking about 20-30 minute naps a couple times a day, but I'm trying to have hope that it's just a phase. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I can hide from you long enough, if I sit real still, and you fall back asleep. Once you see me, we're toast, and you think it's time to play! Sometimes, you're a little bit of a stinker. But I love you anyway! Today, I've just been trying to keep you happy, because you get SO upset SO quickly, and it just breaks my heart to see you screaming that scream that goes silent at the end. It's not so fun.

Something else new - you want to be able to see me and have my attention all the time. You'll start squawking so I'll hurry over to you, and then you just grin and coo like you're the cutest thing there ever was. And, you are! I'll walk away and you'll start squawking again. Oh, it's so hard to get anything done! Mostly eating! I don't think I've had a real meal in 3 days. But that's okay.


Dad has been gone for more than a day, and we miss him so much! You're going to be so happy to see him tomorrow night, I'm sure of it! Hopefully you'll be tired of mom by then and will want to just play with him for a bit. :) Oh, we miss him.

Tonight we're going to a BBQ at the Bishop's house, and that will be so nice. For two reasons - mama doesn't have to figure out what to make for dinner (which probably wouldn't happen anyway), and we get to see some friends. Hooray for friends! I think you'll love just being outside. I'll probably throw a blanket down and just let you kick around. That's your favorite thing to do outside, you know.

And now for what we all love most, you!:



You love those hands!

Oh those sparkly eyes. 


Aunt Jenny sent us this darling outfit. Good thing I pulled it out early - I didn't think it would fit you until late Fall, and it fits you perfectly now! 


Add caption

That belly is so big! It kills me. 

Oh Henry baby, you are so darling. I don't even know what we did before you started smiling and interacting with us! You are such a joy. I love you so so much.

XOXO

Mama





1 comment:

  1. I love the outfit on him and glad it fit! He is getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete