Today is not your favorite napping day. It's not your fault - it's mama's. I'm determined to get you to nap in your crib, so we're going to be roughing it for a couple days, with the hope that you'll be okay with it eventually. Your naps have been short and frequent today, and you've been a little sad.
Oh, there you are now. That was a power nap for sure. A whopping twenty minutes.
I feel like we need to do this, and I know you're okay, but it's so hard seeing you so sad and tired - you just need a good nap. The other part of me is wondering if traveling half the day on Saturday is going to ruin it all anyway. But, you're going to need to be napping in a crib on vacation, and mama goes back to work shortly after we get home (which means sleeping at your friend's houses - not in your swing or in mama's arms), so we've got to do something. Maybe I should have had you nap in your crib a lot sooner. Like from birth. Oh well - Mama's still learning!
And you are still tooting. Oh my heavens. You are such a boy. And it makes you so so happy. And it makes Dad and I laugh so so hard.
You're also getting sooooo chunky. You are just one fat little man! And we love it. Your rolls and cheeks are so fun to munch on. You're probably going to grow up thinking that fat is a good thing, because we say "you're so fat!", followed with big smiles and kisses all day long. We're so glad you're healthy, and that you eat well. It is such a blessing.
This week has been a busy one! We've had something to do and somewhere to be every night. Mama's tired! Dad also started school this week and we've missed him. You helped him "study" yesterday:
I think he may have to start studying in the bedroom so he actually gets something done. You sure love that dad of yours. This is a new trick of yours, well, I guess it's not really a trick, but it's your favorite thing to do:
You start out on the floor like this:
Then you start to turn:
Until you look something like this:
Seriously, baby, how can that be comfortable? But you love it! We can't keep you flat on your back or straight on your side for anything!
It's a good thing you're so cute!
| This is one of Dad's favorite faces - the one with your bottom lip sucked in. |
Thanks for making our live, baby boy. We love you so much.
XOXO
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment