10.28.2013

138.

Dear Henry,

Wow! So much has happened in the past few weeks! You are growing up waaaay too fast for my liking. It's interesting, being a parent, you know. I love you always, but each new stage seems to be more fun than the last. Though I so miss your tiny newborn sleeping body on mine all day, I so love your enormous smiles, contagious laughs, and throat gargles. They are the best, little man. You are the best, and your dad and I couldn't be more happy to have you in our family.

Even when you think 3 am is the coolest time to play (It's not - just in case you were wondering).

Well, some new things:

You're going to sleep so much easier now. Sometimes you don't even cry when we lay you down, and the times that you do cry, it's short lived. You really let us know that you don't want to be in that lovely crib of yours for a few minutes, but then you just hold on to your blanket and close your eyes. We lowered your crib down, and you look like such a big boy. The only thing that mama doesn't like about it is that now I can't lean over the side (without squashing my guts) and kiss your round cheeks a million times while you sleep. Oh well, it's probably for the best. I woke you up a lot doing that, but I just couldn't resist! They're soooo kissable. We've found the key to helping you go to sleep better - routine. Routine routine routine. Nap time and bed time and the same - with the exception of a bath, rice cereal, and a bottle before bed time at night. We walk you into your room, put your binky in and give you your blanket, close the blinds and curtains, and then sing "I am a Child of God" while we rock you for a minute or two. Then we tell you it's time to sleep, kiss your sweet cheeks, and lay you down. Sleep has been so much better since we've been doing this. Sometimes you'll start fussing while rocking, and you'll stop as soon as you're laid down. I think all of this has just helped you to know what's coming, instead of "I was just playing with toys and now I'm in my crib - what the heck??" We all breathe a little easier now. You sleep about 12 hours (give or take a half hour) usually and wake up once or twice to eat, depending on how well you eat before bed. Naps are still short, usually no more than 30-40 minutes, and you take 3-4 each day. But that's alright. Mama is learning to not look at the clock and then it's not so stressful.

That was a long "new thing".

You love rice cereal. So much! I'll admit, you get it while you're in the tub. It's a little weird, but then when you get excited and spray it out of your mouth, the mess is easy to clean up. And it's easier to keep your attention while you're in the tub. You're so cute - you open your mouth wide and kick your legs and wiggle your arms until I get the spoon in your mouth. Sometimes I literally shovel it in - I can't keep up with how fast you want it! Soon we'll be giving you oatmeal and a little later on we'll move on to fruits and vegetables. Mama and dad are so excited for that.

You love to sit. Not on your own yet, but if you're laying down you try and lift your head up. As soon as we hold your hands, you pull up and try to sit up! This weekend you also started to flip over when we're holding you, trying to face the opposite direction of where you are.

You don't love to be in a room by yourself. You're most happy if mama or dad is real close to you, playing or snuggling you close. You're getting a bit clingy at times, but that's okay. We love you!

Just in the past few days you've rally found your voice. You make noise all day long, and "talk" to everything you see. It's darling. Tonight you also started making high pitched screeching noises. They were cute, but a little painful.

You love to suck in your top or bottom lip and then smack it. It's pretty neat! you've got talent.

Probably my most favorite new thing is when you're sitting on mama's lap facing out, you'll occasionally turn your head up and look at me - just to make sure I'm still there. Sometimes you give mama a huge grin - other times it's just a quick checking in.

You're a parrot sometimes:

Okay, seriously, how cute are you?



This was sort of how you felt about being in a parrot costume.




You had your first haircut! (a while ago) It is SO cute. You look like such a little man. 



And, you are just the cutest kid around. (these are a little older pics, but oh well)


You love this toucan! So much so, you get it too deep in your mouth, and gag terribly on it. Then you cry. :-(


I have so many more pictures on my phone (hooray for having a phone that takes pictures!), but mama's computer doesn't work half the time, so she can't install the software to download them. Eventually we'll get them up. ...Hopefully. 

Mama needs to go fold laundry. Or wash the dishes. Or clean the kitchen. Or living room. Or bathroom. Okay, Mama's got her work cut out. Maybe I'll just go to bed. 

Baby Henry, you are so sweet. We just love you so so much. Never grow up, okay?

XOXO

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment